Friday, February 1, 2013

In just one week my surgery will be finished and I'll be in recovery!  Whew..... this has been such a long wait since deciding to do this surgery in July. I can't believe I'm this close.

I had a few more questions for my doc and thought you might like to read our email exchange.  I asked several questions and then his nurse answered each question.... I love his nurse!  I'll copy and past the exchange and you'll see why:

_____________________________________

I have a few questions about my Tummy Tuck surgery scheduled for Feb. 8th.....
1. how long does the surgery take? Cut to cut or how long will you be with us total? = or – 4 hours for surgery itself, you will be with us all day or 7 hours +/-
2. What happens to the skin that is removed? Trashed
3. Will the hub on the drain be on the outside or inside? (yes..... I've been watching other TT surgeries on youtube!) Not sure what you mean by a hub?
4. How does the anesthesia last for 3 days? Will he put in a pain pump? No pain pump. Just some injectable meds that help you get over the hump. But... there will be pain. No way around it. No such thing as pain free surgery if it is surgery. Some say it’s awful and some are fine with it. It all depends on your perception and past experience. Fear of the unknown.
Hope that helps some. I think the worst surgery you can have is on your hemorrhoids. Just sayin”.
______________________________
 
So I guess hemorrhoid surgery may be worse...... I think I'm gonna be ok.  LOL 
 
 I said I would post 'before' pictures so we can compare...... This is very hard for me because this tummy is the physical part of me that I've tried to disguise for about 27 years...... and putting it out there contradicts my efforts. But..... it's time...... And how else could I show you the full dramatic results? So here they are:
 


 
If you are insterested in visiting my doctor's web page here it is:  http://www.drdantkach.com/tkach.php
He has some before and after pics there of some of his patients!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I know you thought long and hard about sharing this experience of yours. It's not that easy to be open. Your honestly and "here it is" style is what makes you and your blog so great. Happy healing! tummy tuck cost

    ReplyDelete