Monday, February 11, 2013


I've gotten through day 3 and the pain is letting up quite a bit, although I tried to go longer without pain medication and that was a mistake.  I'll give it a couple of days and try again.  I return to the doctors on Thursday and he is supposed to get one of the drains out. I've been working at standing up straighter when I'm walking.  This is going to take a while I think.  My abdominal area is very tight and I've read that this is worse with a full tummy tuck.  I'd say that the additional hernia repair is also contributing to this tightness. One area I think is developing into a problem is that I haven't had a BM since the morning of surgery.  I've been taking stool softeners daily starting 2 days prior to surgery.  I'm getting a little concerned -- so I took a laxative today.  If this doesn't resolve itself, I will call my doctor in the morning.  I also (knowing I shouldn't) weighed myself today. I'm just curious how much the skin that he removed weighed.... but it showed that I've gained about 6 pounds.  It's typical to develop swelling with the TT and I can tell that I'm pretty swollen in my abdominal area, my coochie area and my upper thighs.  I removed my binder today to take a peek and took a picture..... I'll post that soon.  Another thing that I've noticed that's new is I'm experiencing some heartburn.  I've read that when you have the muscle tightening, it puts pressure on the stomach which would explain that.  Even though I've been given instructions that I can shower after 48 hours, I've been chicken to do that yet.  I've just been "sponge bathing" and my husband washed my hair in the kitchen sink!  My drainage is good, and the right color.... still red, but mixed now with a wheat colored fluid -- this is how it's supposed to be.  So that's a good thing.  My daughter was sent home from school today with the stomach flu.... oooh! I really hope I don't catch that from her! I can't imagine vomiting with this!  This is probably boring stuff...... but if you're considering having the surgery -- perhaps you'll benefit from my experience..... thank you for sharing in my journey.


5 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself! It sounds like things are progressing well though. Good luck and will continue to follow your blog. Thanks!
    tummy tuck procedure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is very clear.It was truly informative.Your website is very useful.Thank you for sharing.
    Abdominoplasty Port Louis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. Mini tummy tucks are indicated when there is not a lot of loose skin or stretch marks and only the part of the abdomen below the navel protrudes. It can be combined with mid-section liposuction for greater results.

    Check out our tummy tuck before and after video gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete